Improve your productivity : Boost your RIA Project with YouWebIt
Copy YouWebIt in any directory, run it. You are browsing a website on your desktop.
Do you have some Asp.Net ot Static Html website files on your desktop? Are you working on Asp.Net website? Full Static Html? Ajax? Silverlight? Flash website? Flex one? How do you browse them? Do you setup an IIS website? Do you open Visual Studio then press Ctrl+F5? Blend? Do you know Cassini web sevrer? Do your boss or your mother can do it?
I guess you know theese tools but what about some simple scénario :
You : Hey boss! I just send you my website by mail. What do think about it?
Boss : Are you kidding me?
In most case, to run an asp.net enable webserver on you desktop you either need IIS installed and configure on your website. Or you need Visual Studio installed. Or Other tools like Cassini...
YouWebIt is an alternative to use when you just want to show or share your work.YouWebIt doesnt need IIS either Visual Studio installed. Just execute YouWebIt and you are now browsing a desktop website.
When do I use it?
- When I just want to show quickly my website to my partners, customers, coworkers, students...
- When I want to share a simple website. Send It by mail with YouWebIt.
- When I want my mother can do this. Dont need any development tools or IIS installed. (Just .Net framework 2.0 wich is installed on Windows XP SP2).
- Crossbrowser development : YouWebIt detect some browsers installed on your desktop. IE, MultipleIEs, FireFox. You can switch from one to the other easily.
Know issue / What next?
- YouWebIt does not work on read only device (CD, DVD). As I have embedded WebDev.WebHost.dll into YouWebIt resources, I need to solve the WebDev.WebHost.dll CLR assembly resolution trouble. As Asp.Net runtime need this WebDev.WebHost.dll to be loaded, we need to provide it to the CLR. The AssemblyResolve event is pretty launch for the default appdomain but it's not for the asp.net appdomain. So we need to write the WebDev.WebHost file in the website bin directory before starting the webserver. To solve it, I think that I have to write my own CLR Host that provide it's IHostAssemblyManager. Do you have any suggestion?
- As I work a lot on Silverlight application. I plan to add a SilverlightSpy menu Item. Just to launch SilverlightSpy on the current website
- I plan to detect Flock, Opera, Safari browser...
- .Net Framework 2.0 (Installed by default on Windows XP SP2)
Any suggestion bug repport are welcome.
YouWebIt is OpenSource. Get more information on http://code.google.com/p/youwebit/
If you encounter any trouble or exceptions, you can contact me on maxence dot dislaire at gmail dot com
Hope this help!
Ce post vous a plu ? Ajoutez le dans vos favoris pour ne pas perdre de temps à le retrouver le jour où vous en aurez besoin :